AD Blocker Detected

Ads can be a pain, but they are our only way to maintain the server. Please deactive Ads blocker to read the content. Your co-operation is highly appreciated and we hope our service can be worth it.

Caution to parents: something small like buying the wrong cookies can lead to death from an allergic reaction.

ตลอดเวลา 1 ปี หลังจากลูกสาวเสียชีวิต เฮเลน มาเรโร ผู้เป็นแม่ได้พยายามสร้างการเปลี่ยนแปลงจากความสูญเสีย ด้วยการขอให้พ่อแม่ในออสเตรเลีย ร่วมลงชื่อใน change.org แคมเปญที่ต้องการรณรงค์ให้ผู้ผลิตสินค้า ติดคำเตือนไว้ที่ด้านหน้าของผลิตภัณฑ์ ให้เห็นชัดเจน แทนที่จะไปเขียนไว้เป็นส่วนผสมด้านหลังฉลาก เพื่อป้องกันการผิดพลาดเช่นเธอ มีผู้เห็นด้วยมาลงชื่อกับเธอมากกว่า 43,000 รายชื่อแล้ว

During the 1st year after losing her daughter, Helen Marrero is trying to transform her lost into change. By asking parents all around Australia to sign a petition on change.org to campaign for food companies to change their product packaging, to have clear food allergy labels on the front, preventing mix-ups. The campaign now has more than 43,000 names signed.

หลังจาก อิซาเบล มาเรโร เด็กหญิงวัย 9 ขวบ ในประเทศออสเตรเลีย ได้เสียชีวิตจากการแพ้อาหารอย่างรุนแรง หลังจากเธอรับประทานคุกกี้ผิดประเภท เพียงเพราะลักษณะแพ็คเกจเหมือนคุกกี้ชนิดที่เธอเคยรับประทาน แต่กลับมีส่วนผสมของไข่ที่เธอแพ้ ทำให้เกิดอาการ Anaphylactic shock หรืออาการแพ้อย่างรุนแรง ส่งผลให้อิซาเบลหายใจไม่ออกเฉียบพลัน ตอนแรกเธอนึกว่าอาจเป็นเพราะโรคหอบหืด (Asthma) ของลูก เลยให้ยาสูบพ่น (Inhaler) เมื่ออาการไม่ดีขึ้นเธอจึงโทรเรียกรถพยาบาล และเช็คฉลากอาหารทุกอย่างที่เพิ่งกินไป จนเจอว่า คุกกี้ที่ลูกกินไป มีไข่เป็นหนึ่งในส่วนผสม แม้เฮเลนจะพยายามปฐมพยาบาลด้วย EpiPen (ยาฉีดแก้แพ้) ในทันที ก็ยังช่วยชีวิตไม่ทัน

After 9-year-old Isabel Marrero from Australia passed away due to extreme food allergies after mistakingly eating the wrong type of cookies, simply because the packaging is similar to the cookies she always ate. The cookies contained eggs which she was allergic to, causing Anaphylactic shock, blocking her airway almost instantly. Helen thought she was having an asthma attack, so she administrated her asthma inhaler. But when Isabel wasn’t getting any better, she called the ambulance and checked the labels of every food her daughter ate, only to find that the culprit was the eggs from the cookies that Isabel just ate. Although Helen immediately injected her with an EpiPen, it could not save her life.

เฮเลน ผู้เป็นแม่มาพบภายหลังว่า คุกกี้ยี่ห้อแค้ดเบอรี่ รสช็อกโกแลต ไส้นุ่ม (chocolate chip-soft centre) ที่เธอซื้อเป็นประจำให้ลูกสาวและสามารถกินได้นั้นไม่มีส่วนผสมของไข่ แต่วันที่เกิดเหตุเธอหยิบผิด เป็นรสช็อกโกแลตชิป ไส้ช็อกโกแลต (choc centre-choc filled) ซึ่งหน้าตาแพ็คเกจสีม่วงเหมือนกันแต่มีไข่เป็นส่วนผสม ซึ่งหากไม่ดูรายละเอียดก็จะไม่ทราบถึงความแตกต่าง

Helen, Isabel’s mother found out afterward that she bought the wrong type of cookies. The Cadbury chocolate chip cookies (chocolate chip-soft centre) which she frequently bought for her daughter as it did not contain any eggs, looked similar to the Chocolate chips (choc centre-choc filled) which did contain eggs. Both packagings were purple and looked similar, but one of them contained eggs. If you did not look at the labels, you might not know the difference.

การเรียกร้องของเฮเลน ทั้งเข้าพบภาครัฐและองค์การมาตรฐานอาหาร เพื่อให้มีการออกแบบผลิตภัณฑ์ ที่มองเห็นส่วนผสมอย่างชัดเจน ล่าสุดบริษัท Cadbury ได้แก้ปัญหาและจะมีการเปลี่ยนรูปแบบผลิตภัณฑ์ใหม่ทันทีเพื่อเข้าสู่ตลาดในต้นปีหน้านี้ เหตุการณ์ที่เกิดขึ้นถือเป็นการเตือนใจพ่อแม่ทุกคน ให้ระมัดระวังในการเลือกซื้อผลิตภัณฑ์ให้ลูกบริโภค เพราะความผิดพลาดที่เกิดขึ้น ไม่สามารถย้อนเวลากลับไปได้

Helen’s demand of change, from contacting the government officials, to food standard organizations, so that there can be changes in the way food packaging is designed so that the ingredients can be clearly seen. Cadbury company has reached out to solve the problem, promising to change the packaging as soon as possible, so that the new products can reach stores by early next year. The tragedy that happened now serves as a reminder for many parents, to be careful of the food products they buy for their children, as these results are not reversible.

ทุกวันนี้มีเด็กแพ้อาหารบางชนิดหรือหลายชนิดเป็นจำนวนมาก รวมทั้งในประเทศไทย ซึ่งนอกจากพ่อแม่ผู้ปกครองจะต้องระมัดระวังและคอยสังเกตอาการแล้ว ยังสามารถทดสอบการแพ้ให้เด็กๆ เพราะปัจจุบันมีหลายโรงพยาบาลที่สามารถพาเด็กๆไปทดสอบการแพ้ได้ เช่น โปรแกรมทดสอบภูมิแพ้ทางผิวหนังเพื่อทดสอบสารก่อภูมิแพ้ทางอาหาร และที่สำคัญหากพบเด็กมีอาการแพ้อาหารประเภทใด ควรหยุดรับประทานทันทีและไปปรึกษาแพทย์

Nowadays, many children have become allergic to at least one kind of food (or more than one), including Thai children. Parents have to be careful and always observe their children’s symptoms. More so, parents should take their children to check for allergies. Currently, many hospitals offer programs to test for skin allergies to test food allergies. Most importantly, if a child is found to have a reaction to any kind of food, stop eating the food immediately and consult a doctor.

อ้างอิงข้อมูลและภาพประกอบ
https://www.thatslife.com.au/a-biscuit-killed-my-girl https://www.webmd.com/allergies/anaphylaxis#1
https://www.change.org/p/greg-hunt-mp-honour-isabel-help-prevent-allergic-reactions-through-better-regulation-of-food-packaging
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/girl-9-dies-allergic-reaction-13277713
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/girl-dies-eating-cadbury-biscuit-after-similar-packaging-confuses-mum/news-story/708c3cc186919e11a856f6a4f165d8ed
https://www.cadbury.com.au/
http://www.siphhospital.com/th/medical-services/promotion/share/34

Similar Posts